Quality Care & Coaching
If you or someone you know has
mental wellness needs, we can help.
Jasper Psychological Services, PLLC, is a group outpatient therapy practice that was formed in 2004. We provide services to the mentally ill, developmentally disabled and/or substance abuse populations. We are comprised of licensed and qualified mental health professionals committed to providing quality care and coaching to the beneficiaries we serve.
We utilize a variety of therapeutic interventions intended to motivate, empower, change negative thought patterns and build skills to assist our beneficiaries with becoming more independent.
We are dedicated to helping our beneficiaries resolve issues, create positive ways to deal with life transitions, and help and encourage them to live their lives in a more positive and structured manner.
Dr. Kendell Jasper Ph.D.
AKA Doc N Da Dude
Send him a tweet:
✔️ Behavioral Health Screening
► Conducted during the intake process to identify current mental health functioning and the need for a more in-depth clinical interview
✔️ Diagnostic Assessments (DA)
► Assessment to determine need and appropriate service level
✔️ Psychological Testing (Ages 6 years to adults)
✔️ Individual / Family / Group Therapy
✔️ Individual Caregiver / Education Training
✔️ Tutorial / Mentoring Program
✔️ Parental Education Classes
✔️ Psycho-Educational Groups
(i.e. Anger Management, Social Skills)
Referral & Admission
Jasper Psychological takes walk-in appointments. In addition, we have developed a referral screening form that the referral source is asked to complete and return to our staff so that services can be initiated. Jasper Psych staff makes the commitment to initiate contact/services with beneficiaries within 24 hours of receiving referral information. Determinations on appropriate service are based on the initial assessment conducted by our team of licensed clinicians. Admission to service is based on the assessment as well as the state developed entrance criteria for the specific service.
DOT SAP Services
The Department of Transportation (DOT) regulation (49 CFR Part 40) defines the Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) as a person who evaluates employees who have violated a DOT drug and alcohol regulation and makes recommendations concerning education, treatment, follow-up testing, and aftercare.
Our current SAP staff includes a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist.
HOW THE DOT-SAP PROCESS WORKS
1. A confirmed violation (most commonly tests positive for alcohol or illicit drugs), at that time the operator must stand down from the safety sensitive duties, and is not able to return to safety sensitive duties until they have been released or returned to duty by a qualified SAP.
2. The operator must contact 504-324-5648. or make appointment on line by clicking here) a qualified SAP and go in for a face-to-face substance abuse assessment (cost $250.00). At the end of the assessment the operator will leave with a recommendation for either drug/alcohol treatment or education. The DOT has a mandatory minimum recommendation of education, commonly called (in North Carolina) Alcohol Drug Education Training School (ADETS) 8-16 hours.
3. Complete the treatment or education and contact the SAP for a follow-up appointment.
4. Go to the SAP for the appointment, this is the Return to Duty appointment, after this appointment your employer (or last employer) will be sent a Return to Duty Letter (cost $250.00).
5. If you are a Commercial Driver in the state of North Carolina and your violation was against a CDL, you will need to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and get you license reinstated.
6. Get a clean drug/alcohol, return to duty test. This test will be ordered by your employer, The return to duty test are directly observed, this is per UD DOT policy, in addition any follow up drug tests will be observed as well. The SAP must order a minimum of 6 random drug tests in the 1st year and can order additional drug testing for up to 5 years (60 months)
7. Go back to work!
Schedule your appointment 7 days a week so you can get back to work fast! All of Behavioral Health Intervention SAP professionals are qualified under the current U.S. DOT requirements. Verifying paperwork is available upon request.
DOT-SAP Assessment for North Carolina and South Carolina call (980) 819-5692.
For Louisiana call 504-324-5648
• 3719 Latrobe Dr Suite 850 | Charlotte, NC 28211
Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
• 3820 Canal Street | New Orleans, LA 70119
Office: (504) 324-5648 / Fax: (504) 324-8692
Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm